Friday, July 29, 2005

Fraud

By profession I am an Independant Insurance Adjuster. But I am greatly disturbed by the growing lack of ethics in this country.

You see it all around, people who cheat insurance companies, the government etc. Everybody's always trying to see what they can get away with. We all know them, the people who are doing well, but lie on the paperwork in order to get food stamps. I recently met someone who stated that a friend of his made his wife the owner of his company in order to qualify as a minority owned business. And, of course, I could give you a long list of the frauds I have encountered in my work in insurance and law enforcement.

What is up with people? Has ethics become a thing of the past? Everybody wants to see what they can get away with. Nobody wants to pay for anything. Something for nothing, that is all anybody wants these days.

Just listen to peoples rationalizations:
"Everybody does it"
"It's a big company/government they won't miss it"
"I paid premiums for years, THEY OWE ME!"

This is for all of you out there. CUT IT OUT!!! The reasons your health care, insurance and consumer products cost so much? Look in the mirror. Show some backbone, if you don't deserve it, don't get it. Leave it for people who need it. Who deserve it.

By the way, it's illegal too.

No comments: